and thank you for stopping by, taking an interest in my blog. I am the 'relentless hunter and gatherer of soothing beauty, great and small' behind these pages, which for now means: here you find the stuff that makes me think, that inspires me, that I envy and am passionate about. I would love to see or read your views too, so feel free to comment!
- Ich Bin Wie Du | Celebrating Women’s Day and German Disco March 8, 2021
- Spine Story March 7, 2021
- The Garden Home February 27, 2021
- The Deck | The Explosion Era February 25, 2021
- Digital Doodle | “social” “media” February 25, 2021
TOP 5 TODAY
NOTE TO SELF
- Follow iforinspiration.com on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Illustration
I love the work of René Gruau, the late French fashion illustrator. Studying his work is pure escapism. PS | It reminds me of the disturbing news of less victims of domestic violence now calling in for help. The … Continue reading
I am working late, pitching for a magazine. This is an image I made, just now, branding the use of fabric made of recycled PET plastic, looking good. Let’s Love Our Home.
I bought Mythos, the new book by Stephen Fry – made me think of Homer’s Odyssey – where’s my copy!?
I just read about the cranes again on this blog. The story about Priem’s Perky Paper Shop, read it here. ============================================================= PS | 2019 | It was time for their return. They are back in the shops and appear in … Continue reading
– ARTIS loves all forms of life. But how should we see life? – Stumbled upon the above through the WePresent Lucky Dip, where creative stories are chosen at random. A nice surprise while waiting for your files to flash … Continue reading
I just found this image for sale on Condé Nast’s online print shop. I l o v e the work of Maira Kalman, and to me it’s a direct line to New York City, the situation described above even … Continue reading
Illustrations by Izak Zenou, for Susan Miller’s Year Ahead 2018 Wall Calendar . I chose images that somehow spoke to me, telling me a story about a woman you could find in front of the Guggenheim Museum, with an eye for … Continue reading
An image I made for a client – a large sofa selling company – for the in-store magazine, illustrating the art on sale. It’s a collage of the collection, adapted for the magazine design. Above the sofa art.
Inspiration from shop windows in Milan this week.